8.03.2011

half marathon-ing.

last saturday my friend and i completed our first half-marathon!! we ran the timpanogos half. the course was beautiful. we started at 6am up american fork canyon at tibblefork reservoir, then ran down the canyon and then along a paved pathway and streets, passing the timpanogos temple at the very end. my official time was 2:15.

i enjoyed it so much. i learned a lot about myself during the process of training and then on race day. it was a great experience and surprisingly it actually makes me want to do another one! it only took me 30 years to do the first one, we'll see how long it takes to do another!

cory and the kids were huge supporters of me throughout the last few months. they came down and waited for me to cross the finish-line. connor and mabel started to run the last little bit with me, until mabel lost a flip-flop and went into hysterics. so i picked her up and we jogged across the finish-line with connor holding my hand. it was pretty special!


No comments:

Post a Comment